Vanderbilt Campus Dining takes food safety and sanitation very seriously. We work closely with county health officials and are continually trained in the latest principles and regulations of food safety. Our facilities are inspected regularly to ensure compliance.
We serve large numbers of students in each of our facilities and we take every precaution necessary to ensure your health and safety. With this in mind, it is important that students also follow good sanitation practices in our service lines; please use the provided utensils for self-service foods.
All Vanderbilt Campus Dining Management are required to receive certification by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation ServSafe program.
We have a management position established to provide sole focus on food safety issues to assist management.
Food Safety and sanitation measures at Vanderbilt Campus Dining:
- HOURLY food temperature logs
- Continual food safety training for ALL staff
- Sanitation Contest for employees. To ensure that our staff is compliant with all food safety and sanitation standards we have launched a department “Sanitation Contest.”
- Sanitizer used on all counters and tables
- Hand sanitizer sold in all campus markets