When you become part of the Campus Dining team you get more than a paycheck ─ You get valuable experience, mentorship and support that will benefit you long after graduating from Vanderbilt University.
Campus Dining Student Associate
Campus Dining is looking for motivated and energetic undergraduate and graduate students to join Vanderbilt Campus Dining as a Campus Dining Student Associate. Student Associates work across campus in Campus Dining’s network of dining halls, cafes, and markets. Student employees who join our team enjoy a high-energy, welcoming environment while gaining practical, real world experience that is crafted to accommodate individual schedules and interests.
We offer competitive wages, incentives, flexible hours, opportunities for advancement, and on-going professional development.
Campus Dining Student Associate positions are hourly employment opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at Vanderbilt University. Student Employees play a critical role within Campus Dining’s daily operations, working alongside professional staff in 14 of our on-campus dining facilities. Dining Coordinators will complete tasks that fall into three categories: Food Service, Sanitation & Sustainability, and Customer Service. Student employees will refine their team building and communication skills while contributing to the culture of diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
- Food Service
- Complete production and log sheets
- Maintain and stock food and beverage stations
- Serve food to customers
- Ensure clean and functional stations by keeping areas stocked with necessary items
- Sanitation and Sustainability
- Maintain quality, safety and sanitary standards of State and City Health Departments and Vanderbilt Campus Dining codes.
- Collect, wash, organize and store used cookware, flatware, utensils, etc. from dining and kitchen areas
- Maintain clean and orderly work area and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping/sweeping floors and emptying trash cans and cleans equipment.
- Assist in keeping the kitchen, refrigerators and store rooms sanitary and orderly by cleaning utensils, equipment, fixtures and work areas
- Customer Service
- Operate a point of sale device
- Work in a team-driven environment, delegate tasks and assist with problem solving.
- Understand Vanderbilt Campus Dining Meal Plans with the ability to explain the guidelines of the plan to customers
- Lead by example and follow customer service standards
- Work Locations Vanderbilt Campus Dining is comprised of more than 20 on-campus eateries, including residential dining halls, cafés, markets, food trucks and catering services. Student employees will be assigned to one of the following locations:
- E Bronson Ingram
- Nicholas S. Zeppos
- Kissam Center
- The Pub
- Local Java
- Munchie Marts
- Student employees are required to work at least 4 hours a week during the academic year. Undergraduate and International students can work up to 19 hours a week and graduate students can work up to 29 hours a week (inclusive of all positions on campus).
- We recognize that as students your academics come first. We will work with you to craft a schedule that fits within your academic and extra-curricular workload.
Student Employment Manager
Follow us on Instagram!