Exceptional food, served with extraordinary safety.
At Vanderbilt Campus Dining, that’s our pledge to you.
As the world continues to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, Campus Dining has adapted its operations to include social distancing, enhanced sanitization protocols and modified service styles. To reduce congestion, we also offer mobile dining ordering options and pickup spots. However, while our dining facilities may look different, know that our commitment to quality food and the safety and wellbeing of the Vanderbilt community has never been stronger.
In these unprecedented times, we have made profound changes to the way Campus Dining serves our students, faculty and community. What won’t change, however, is our commitment to clean, safe dining facilities, convenient dining options, and food of exceptional quality.
- Everyone must wear cloth face covering.
- Plexiglass shields at all registers.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all dining locations.
- All transactions are made through contactless checkout using student ID. Payment by cash and credit cards are not accepted. This significantly improves checkout speed and further limit time spent in dining halls.
- All staff must wear face shields and gloves.
- Staff has been trained on enhanced safety standards and new COVID-19 protocols including symptom monitoring, increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation, CDC guidelines for hand washing and food safety management. Staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms.
- To ensure proper social distancing, all food will be “grab and go.” Canned or bottled beverages will be available. There may be limited to no seating in dining rooms. Students are encouraged to eat in their classrooms, residential rooms or outdoor spaces.
- Rand, Commons, E. Bronson Ingram, McTyeire and Zeppos dining halls will offer both multiple options per meal period. Meals in these locations will provide the most variety, serving signature items, international dishes and chef creations.
- To reduce traffic at peak times, boxed-lunch meals are available at Munchie Marts, Suzie’s cafes and temporary PickupSpots across campus, and each location will follow its own menu rotation of chef-inspired sandwiches, wraps and healthy bowls. Meals at these locations are available through pre-order only using the GET app linked to Commodore Card accounts. Depending on the location, students can pick up from these locations as early as 15 minutes after placing their order. Guests can use their Commodore Cash, Meal Money and Meal Plan to purchase items in this way.
- Meal swipe restrictions are relaxed so students can swipe up to three times per visit to reduce return trips to dining halls. This relaxed meal swipe policy applies to all Campus Dining locations, including Munchie Marts.
- Allergen meals will continue to be ordered through the OrderIT app and can be picked up at predetermined locations. For details, contact Registered Dietitian Emily Suttle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Circulation plans for each location map out traffic flow to maintain a 6-foot distance. Floor decals will instruct people where to stand while in queue.